Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi S3 / A3 Fuse Box location

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Just in case anyone is curious where the fuse box is in our cars.
elec169_homelink_fuses.jpg

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
does taping the fuse box cause the ecu to stay awake or confuse it in some way that causes it to get a cel?

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Weird I just checked my panel and didn't find the fusebox in that location.

Izeltokatl

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Anyone know which fuse goes to the interior lighting? I've got the 2016, the position of the fuse box is under the head light switch.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Anyone know which fuse goes to the interior lighting? I've got the 2016, the position of the fuse box is under the head light switch.
It's Fuse #F29 which is the 7.5amp fuse next to the right green relay.
IMG_20160129_132449.jpg
IMG_20160129_132506.jpg
IMG_20160129_134400.jpg
fusebox.jpg

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
S3Fan, how do you pull off the cover of that panel? Mine seems to not budge. 2016 S3.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
S3Fan, how do you pull off the cover of that panel? Mine seems to not budge. 2016 S3.
On page 248 there's instructions on how to pull it. I used a nylon trim removal tool to help pry it open.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Just received my 2017 S3 and bought a dash cam that offers 24/7 monitoring so it needs to be hardwired to the fuse box. I assume the white wire should connect to the accessory fuse - interior lighting (f29) but can anyone recommend which hot fuse should I connect the red wire to?

Thank you

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
[MENTION=276]chachachachia[/MENTION]

F38 and F48 can be used.

F38 has constant power and F48 is for ACC power.

Here's my dashcam wiring using fuse taps.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks. Just to confirm, F38 is the high voltage battery correct? What color is that one?

Also, do you suggest that i use F39 (outer sound actuator) over f29 (interior lights)?

Thank you so much

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I think both were originally not used (they weren't on mine) on our cars so it's ideal for being tapped into. Yes 38 is the hot wire.

Thanks. Just to confirm, F38 is the high voltage battery correct? What color is that one?

Also, do you suggest that i use F39 (outer sound actuator) over f29 (interior lights)?

Thank you so much

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
F38 for me is being used as the high voltage battery per the 2017 S3 manual. I took a look at the 2015 S3 manual (assuming that is still your current car), it seems like F38 is not being used. Should I still be tapping into F38 when it's the high voltage battery? If not, which one should I tap into? I've attached a page of my fuse box.

http://imgur.com/a/2QFfn

I think both were originally not used (they weren't on mine) on our cars so it's ideal for being tapped into. Yes 38 is the hot wire.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
F38 for me is being used as the high voltage battery per the 2017 S3 manual. I took a look at the 2015 S3 manual (assuming that is still your current car), it seems like F38 is not being used. Should I still be tapping into F38 when it's the high voltage battery? If not, which one should I tap into? I've attached a page of my fuse box.

http://imgur.com/a/2QFfn
The fuse tap will allow you to retain the same amperage load for your new wire and existing. What amp fuse is in there currently?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Sorry I took so long to respond; finally got a chance to check out the fuse box. It looks like both F38 (high voltage battery) and F39 (outer sound actuator) are actually not being used. I've circled these two in the pic - http://imgur.com/a/KD52K

Can I ask why you tapped into unused ones instead of F2 (seat adjustment) or F6 (anti-theft alarm) for constant power and F29 (interior lighting) for accessory power? I was told by one dash cam company to consider tapping in to them.

Sorry for the abundance of questions. I'm a girl trying to hardwire her dash cam for the first time. Appreciate your help!

The fuse tap will allow you to retain the same amperage load for your new wire and existing. What amp fuse is in there currently?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
No worries on the abundance of questions. I usually tapped into unused slots because it won't have any affects on the current system. Meaning if something happens and you blow a fuse, it won't affect the areas of the car where you are tapping into. Hope that makes any sense. Also, the slots that I used is also for my dashcam wiring, so if you follow the same route you'll know for sure it'll work.

Sorry I took so long to respond; finally got a chance to check out the fuse box. It looks like both F38 (high voltage battery) and F39 (outer sound actuator) are actually not being used. I've circled these two in the pic - http://imgur.com/a/KD52K

Can I ask why you tapped into unused ones instead of F2 (seat adjustment) or F6 (anti-theft alarm) for constant power and F29 (interior lighting) for accessory power? I was told by one dash cam company to consider tapping in to them.

Sorry for the abundance of questions. I'm a girl trying to hardwire her dash cam for the first time. Appreciate your help!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Great thanks, I'll just follow what you did. How many amps are the two fuses you're using?

No worries on the abundance of questions. I usually tapped into unused slots because it won't have any affects on the current system. Meaning if something happens and you blow a fuse, it won't affect the areas of the car where you are tapping into. Hope that makes any sense. Also, the slots that I used is also for my dashcam wiring, so if you follow the same route you'll know for sure it'll work.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Can I use a 10 amp and a 7.5 instead of two 10 amps?

Also, will it kill my battery if I leave the dash cam on for 5 days straight without turning on my car?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
What kind of dash cam did you purchase?

Yes you can use a 7.5.

Can I use a 10 amp and a 7.5 instead of two 10 amps?

Also, will it kill my battery if I leave the dash cam on for 5 days straight without turning on my car?